Inspiring major beach style x bff goals.
What happens when you combine three pro surf babes, a salty blonde and the perfect edit of wear-anywhere beachwear? Roxy’s Holiday 2016 campaign, proof that you can rock carefree beach style whether in the tropics, or in cooler Fall temps. Shot on the sands of Laguna Beach, California, Roxy surf ambassadors Monyca Eleogram, Bruna Schmitz and Kelia Moniz (who call themselves the #3amigos, natch) teamed up with beach babe blogger Halley Elefante of The Salty Blonde to a resulting photo series inspiring some major beach style, and bff, goals. Think breezy-meets-cozy tees, tunics and tanks, off-the-shoulder tops and lightweight sweaters, maxi dresses to cheeky shorts – all perfect for on, or off, your favorite stretch of sand.
We caught up with the crew on top fave surf spots, beach bar drink of choice, plus – what 3 items would each bring if stranded on the obligatory tropical island?
Check out their answers and the campaign below; shop all looks here.
1. Top 3 favorite surf sports in the world:
ME: Hamoa Beach in Maui, Roxy’s Indonesia and Salina Cruz, Mexico.
BS: I love islands, so my top three are Fiji, Hawaii and the Mentawais, Indonesia.
KM: Waikiki Beach, Roxy’s in the Mentawais, Indonesia and Bowls, Oahu.
2. Scariest (or craziest) thing that’s happened to you on a surf board:
ME: When I was younger I got stung by a box jellyfish on my whole face when I was duck diving a wave. I had to go to the hospital in an ambulance. It was soooo painful!
BS: I love getting deep so I would say life happened! Surfing has given me everything I value the most in life.
KM: I caught a wave way too big for my liking, on a surf board that wasn’t made for a wave that big, haha. Not cute, not fun.
3. Because we have to ask – if you were stranded on a tropical island, what 3 items would you have with you?
ME: Fire starter, Machete, can I bring my husband?
BS: My husband (so I don’t go crazy like that movie Cast Away) a bathing suit and a knife.
KM: It’s a 10 (leave-in hair conditioner), sunscreen oil for skin hydration, and a sarong.
4. If you were to find me at the bar, I’d be drinking a…
KM: Mojito, or wine.
5. Sunrise or sunset?
KM: Sunset no doubt, I’m not a morning person!
The Beach Babe: Halley Elefante (aka The Salty Blonde):
1. Top 3 favorite beach destinations in the world: North Shore Oahu, Bali, and Western Australia.
2. Because we have to ask – if you were stranded on a tropical island, what 3 items would you have with you? Chapstick, a good/cheesy mystery book, my phone and hope to be rescued within the hour.
3. If you were to find me at the bar, I’d be drinking: Coors Light with a shot of Jameson.
4. Bikini or 1-piece? Bikini for tanning, onesie for hanging around.
5. Sunrise or sunset? Sunset because I’m rarely up for the sunrise.
All photos courtesy Roxy.